Choices

When people ask me to define love, I say, "Love is like handing someone a gun, having them point it at your heart, and trusting them to never pull the trigger." (Sponge Bob)

When they ask me why I laugh at my mistakes and even write them with pride in my blogs, I say, "I'm not crazy. I just don't give a damn!" (Daffy Duck)

When one time I was conducting a group activity, a student asked what road sign I love the most, I said, "I like dead end signs. I think they're kind. They at least have the decency to let you know you're going nowhere…" (Bugs Bunny)

And when for the nth time a friend would ask me what do I get from writing, I'm not even sure if there are good old souls out there visiting my site, I just smile and say, "Kung gusto mong maging manunulat, eh di magsulat ka. Simple." (Bob Ong)

And last night when Eva said she wants to quit from her work because nobody believes in her, her boss got mad at her, she doesn't even have friends at her agency, and she's crying like hell, I said, "Either you stay to prove your worth or you quit and just show them you're a loser, you have to strive for your happiness." (MY original)

My CHOICES: I remained believing in love. I continued spicing up my mistakes and rewriting my life, accepting failure but keep on dreaming until words would fade into thin air.

Jan 16, 2008

Best Sellers at Php 100.00

This is a delayed entry but I will post it anyway.

Last December when my family and I dropped by in Baguio for the weekend, I cannot help but drag my feet to the bookstore where books are sold cheap. You know it's the holidays and giving gifts becomes a little bit expensive. I told myself, "Oh well, this I have to give to myself."

But on the other hand, I feel a little bit guilty buying some more books when I have a dozen more on my shelf still neatly covered with plastic, unopened and of course, unread.

Time passed by so quickly that we have to drive back home. And for the nth time I shove the thought of going to that tempting store to buy some more books.

My hubby must have noticed my eyes always glancing over my shoulder to that side of the mall. He told me, "I still have a thousand, you can have it."

Without a second word, I hugged him, got the money he was waving infront of my face and ran towards the bookstore. I was almost literally salivating like a Pavlov dog upon the sight of still unopened boxes of new arrivals with red bold letters stuck on its upper side: "FOR SALE"

In less than an hour, I unpacked the books. In less than two hours, I have read most of their back covers and have picked up four books to buy -- all Best Sellers at Php 100.00 each. Then I have listed a few "Book Buys" in my pocket notebook for future reference. And here is my book list:

(I will later on buy)

1. Interpreter of Maldies
2. Tom Clancy collection (I want it hard bound)
3. Robert Ludlum novels (hard bound, too)
4. The Namesake
5. The Shopaholic Series by Sofie Kinsella
6. Poetry Collection of Walter Whittman (my poetry.net friend once told me some of my poems sound like him)

(I got hold of)

1. The Edge of Reason (the triumphant sequel to the best selling Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding)
2. The Weight of Water by Anita Shreve
3. By The Shore by Galaxy Craze
4. Back When We Were Grown-ups by Anne Tyler

After I paid the said books, I asked myself, "When will I be able to write my book review of these books?

Oh well, hope you can wait 'til I have the luxury of time.

No comments: