Choices

When people ask me to define love, I say, "Love is like handing someone a gun, having them point it at your heart, and trusting them to never pull the trigger." (Sponge Bob)

When they ask me why I laugh at my mistakes and even write them with pride in my blogs, I say, "I'm not crazy. I just don't give a damn!" (Daffy Duck)

When one time I was conducting a group activity, a student asked what road sign I love the most, I said, "I like dead end signs. I think they're kind. They at least have the decency to let you know you're going nowhere…" (Bugs Bunny)

And when for the nth time a friend would ask me what do I get from writing, I'm not even sure if there are good old souls out there visiting my site, I just smile and say, "Kung gusto mong maging manunulat, eh di magsulat ka. Simple." (Bob Ong)

And last night when Eva said she wants to quit from her work because nobody believes in her, her boss got mad at her, she doesn't even have friends at her agency, and she's crying like hell, I said, "Either you stay to prove your worth or you quit and just show them you're a loser, you have to strive for your happiness." (MY original)

My CHOICES: I remained believing in love. I continued spicing up my mistakes and rewriting my life, accepting failure but keep on dreaming until words would fade into thin air.

Feb 4, 2008

How to Always Stay Happy


Throw out non-essential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. (That is why you pay them!)



Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down. (Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches!)




Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain get idle. “An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.” And the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s!


Enjoy the simple things.




Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with him or her.



The tears happen. Endure, grieve and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life is ourself. LIVE while you are alive.




Surround yourself with what you love. Whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.




Cherish your health. If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.



Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall or even to a foreign land, but NOT to where the guilt is.





Tell the people you love that you love them, in every opportunity.

3 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

That was a tonic. Thanks for an uplifting post.

Blue Panther said...

Great tips!

Hope you have a great week ahead!

PlanetMars said...

Nice!Nice!Nice!