Choices

When people ask me to define love, I say, "Love is like handing someone a gun, having them point it at your heart, and trusting them to never pull the trigger." (Sponge Bob)

When they ask me why I laugh at my mistakes and even write them with pride in my blogs, I say, "I'm not crazy. I just don't give a damn!" (Daffy Duck)

When one time I was conducting a group activity, a student asked what road sign I love the most, I said, "I like dead end signs. I think they're kind. They at least have the decency to let you know you're going nowhere…" (Bugs Bunny)

And when for the nth time a friend would ask me what do I get from writing, I'm not even sure if there are good old souls out there visiting my site, I just smile and say, "Kung gusto mong maging manunulat, eh di magsulat ka. Simple." (Bob Ong)

And last night when Eva said she wants to quit from her work because nobody believes in her, her boss got mad at her, she doesn't even have friends at her agency, and she's crying like hell, I said, "Either you stay to prove your worth or you quit and just show them you're a loser, you have to strive for your happiness." (MY original)

My CHOICES: I remained believing in love. I continued spicing up my mistakes and rewriting my life, accepting failure but keep on dreaming until words would fade into thin air.

Nov 7, 2007

Hope I can have you!

Sounds sooooo romantic!

Conceited?

Perhaps.

But don’t get me wrong. I’m not man-izing, whatsoever. I’m perfectly in love and contented with my husband and I patronize monogamy.

Hope I can have you!” is just my usual outburst if I see books hounding my sight (even in my dreams), book reviews included. It’s the reason why I have my Shelfari account that I will always be in touch with the world of books. And of course, I keep clippings of book reviews from magazines (My hubby’s FHM collection is not excused from my scissors’ crime, cutting that is.) and papers.

Here are some of my list from Psychology Today (Ooopsss!!! I didn’t commit any crime here, eh!):

(Note: This is in no particular order. I just want the books. Hope friends would read this so they will know what to buy me for Christmas. Hahahahaha!!!)

1. The Myth of Self-Esteem: How Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy can Change Your Life Forever by Albert Ellis (thinking like a real Psych pro, eh!)

2. Secret Girl by Molly Bruce Jacobs

3. This Changes Everything: The Relational Revolution in Psychology (Argh!)

4. Self-Psychology: An Introduction by Peter A Lessem (got a dream of being a Psychologist or a Psychotherapist!)

5. Identifying and Understanding the Narcissistic Personality by Elsa F. Ronningstam (now you know why?)

6. Play Therapy Interventions with Children’s Problems by Gary Landreth (my being a counselor and SpEd teacher combined in this one)

7. Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire (well, I’m not!)

8. The Sociopath Next Door (tell me who the author is, please!)

9. Leonardo’s Notebook (who?)

10. Vampires: Encounters with the Undead (getting the creeps from ate Maan…)

11. The Third Chimpanzee by Jared Diamond (our neighbor stuck with her husband told me she sleeps with the second chimp every night… real loud snore!)

12. Cell by Stephen King (I think this is just the second novel by King I wanna read, “It” was the first one. Just accidentally had the first though!)

13. An Argument for Mind by Jerome Kagan (sounds like a good read when I start to get bored!)

14. Crazy by Peter Easley (sounds like a good read when I start to get some nuts crumbling on my head!)

15. The Imperfect Mom by Therese Borchard (the Mom that I am, I must admit!)

16. The Naked Brain by Richard Restak (hope I don’t get bludgeoned!)

17. Profilers by John Campbell (do you have a copy?)


Well, that’s all for now. Tomorrow I’ll post some reviews from FHM (demure… demure… demure… uh-ah!) Remember that I’m a writer in this site, not a Counselor in a Catholic School!

Pardon me my Directress. Honestly, I don’t read the whole mag, I just flip over the Book Review Section and cut them and off my hands go… (I’m not keeping my fingers crossed for this one! Honest! Really I don’t!!!)


Sigh!

No comments: