Choices

When people ask me to define love, I say, "Love is like handing someone a gun, having them point it at your heart, and trusting them to never pull the trigger." (Sponge Bob)

When they ask me why I laugh at my mistakes and even write them with pride in my blogs, I say, "I'm not crazy. I just don't give a damn!" (Daffy Duck)

When one time I was conducting a group activity, a student asked what road sign I love the most, I said, "I like dead end signs. I think they're kind. They at least have the decency to let you know you're going nowhere…" (Bugs Bunny)

And when for the nth time a friend would ask me what do I get from writing, I'm not even sure if there are good old souls out there visiting my site, I just smile and say, "Kung gusto mong maging manunulat, eh di magsulat ka. Simple." (Bob Ong)

And last night when Eva said she wants to quit from her work because nobody believes in her, her boss got mad at her, she doesn't even have friends at her agency, and she's crying like hell, I said, "Either you stay to prove your worth or you quit and just show them you're a loser, you have to strive for your happiness." (MY original)

My CHOICES: I remained believing in love. I continued spicing up my mistakes and rewriting my life, accepting failure but keep on dreaming until words would fade into thin air.

Oct 22, 2007

The Creation of Woman

A woman knows how much blessings she receives and she appreciates the down pour of every rain, as well as the heat of too much sun. Because when God created woman, His design was so special.

God was working late on the 6th day when an angel came by and said, “Why spend so much time on that one?”

And the Lord answered, “Have you seen all the specifications I have to meet to shape her?”

“She must be washable, but not made of plastic. She has more than 200 moving parts which all must be replaceable and she must function on all kinds of food. She must be able to embrace several kids at the same time, give a hug that can heal anything, from a bruised knee to a broken heart. And she must do all these only with two hands.

The angel was impressed, “Just two hands? Impossible!”

“And this is the standard model?”

“Too much work for one day… wait until tomorrow and then complete her.”

“I will not,” said the Lord. “I am so close to complete this creation which will be the favorite of my heart.”

“She cures herself when sick and she can work eighteen hours a day.”

The angel came nearer and touched the woman. “But you have made the woman so soft, Lord.”

“She is soft,” said the Lord, “but I have also made her strong. You can’t imagine what she can endure and overcome.”

“Can she think?” the angel asked.

The Lord answered, “Not only can she think, she can reason and negotiate.”

The angel touched the woman’s cheek. “Lord, it seems this creation is leaking! You have put too many burdens on her.”

“She is not leaking… it’s a tear,” the Lord corrected the angel.

“What’s it for?” asked the angel.

And the Lord said, “Tears are her way of expressing grief, her doubts, her love, her loneliness, her suffering and her pride.”

This made big impression on the angel. “Lord, you are a genius. You thought of everything. The woman is indeed marvelous!”

Indeed she is! Woman has strength that amazes man. She can handle trouble and carry heavy burdens. She holds happiness, love and opinions. She smiles when feeling like screaming. She
sings when feeling like crying. She cries when she is happy and laughs when she is afraid.

She fights for what she believes in. stands up against injustice. She doesn’t take “no” for an answer when she can see a better solution. She gives herself so her family can thrive. She takes her friend to the doctor if she is afraid. Her love is unconditional.

She cries when her kids are victorious. She is happy when her friends do well. She is glad when she hears of a birth or a wedding.

Her heart is broken when a next of kin or friend dies. But she finds the strength to get on with life. She knows that a kiss and a hug can heal a broken heart.

There is only one thing wrong with her…

Like what I said, she is grateful of so many things. She appreciates everything that happens to her. But she forgets what she is worth.




This is a presentation passed on to me by a friend through e-mail. I wish to share it to you as prologue of my newly conceived e-book inspired by Women I know, personally and not. They have inspired me one or the other in their struggles and wisdom. To my few visitors: “Spread on the news. Send to women you know this site, that they would be reminded how special they are in the eyes of God. Send this too, to men you know so they too would appreciate the women in their lives.”

3 comments:

PlanetMars said...

So very true and wise! Thank you for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

do you know who's the original author of this story? I've been trying to find out for quite a while now

Marjo said...

To my anonymous reader:

I don't exactly know who the writer of the story is. This was just forwarded to me, too by a friend through e-mail. But I will let you know if I happen to research on it.

Thank you for dropping by.